If you’re currently on the lookout for your first home or have bought a property in the past, you know how difficult it is to pinpoint exactly what it is in a suburb that lets you feel right at home. In any case, there are some crucial elements you need to know and consider before taking the plunge and moving to a new neighborhood.
What are your current priorities?
Do you want to live where the action is?
Do you have a family or are planning to have one soon?
What’s your work nature?
What do you love most about your present address?
Take some time to write a list of the things that you want your new neighborhood to have – things that are important to you in your everyday life, and then choose the type of suburb that best fits your lifestyle.
There are generally four main kinds of suburbs you can find in Australia. All house and land packages Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Canberra and other cities fit into one of these categories. Choose one that best suits your lifestyle to get your version of ‘perfect’ suburb.
Inner City. If you love going out at night and enjoying the glittering city life, modern amenities and be at the center of it all, then a suburb close to the CBD is a good move. Live music, theater, awesome bars, restaurants, and nightly entertainment can be right at your front door.
- You like going out for dinner or going to the pub four or five nights every week.
- Your belongings can fit in a compact apartment.
- You work in the CBD of your city.
- You don’t own a car.
- You want your work, home, gym within walking distance from each other.
Trendy Urban. If you prefer the nightlife and energy of the inner-city, but don’t exactly have the big financial wallet to live there, then the Trendy Urban suburb may be right for you. This type of suburb is still in close proximity to the city to catch the action of the bright lights but can be a bit more affordable and family friendly.
- You are on a budget but still want to live near the city.
- You want to have a backyard.
- You need a local park for your kids.
- You crave the confidence of the city, but love a quiet stroll around the streets.
Family friendly. Ideal for big or growing families, possibly with kids in school, who needs a lot of space. Choosing a family-friendly suburb is generally quite affordable and you can get something twice the size and brand new for the same price as a two-bedroom townhouse in a Trendy Urban suburb.
- You have a big family with lots of kids.
- You have pet/s.
- Your family have more than one car and need more space to park them.
- You want a big outdoor area.
- You enjoy entertaining large groups of people.
- You prefer the local supermarket than the hottest nightclub.
Outer rural. Ideal for people who love waking up to chirping birds, crashing waves, fresh air, and the general peace and quiet of nature. Outer rural is where you want to be if you want a slower, quieter life away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- You crave peace and quiet.
- You work from home or in a rural area.
- You keep large animals like horses.
- You enjoy solitude.
So, which suburb do you think suits you best? Share it with us in the comments below!