Cleaning your home is tiring and cumbersome. However, there are certain cleaning chores that are more difficult or dangerous than the rest. Some even require trained hands for the job. If you need to get your home cleaned, you can search for “home cleaning services near me” and hire professionals for the job. Let’s check out the cleaning tasks you need a professional company to carry out.
- Carpets – You’ve been cleaning your home for a long time, and you know that vacuuming half-heartedly once a week doesn’t clean the carpet. While there are temporary visual results where everything looks nice and tidy, your carpet requires a thorough cleanup to get rid of all the trapped filth. You can use the home vacuum to suck up surface-level dust and dirt. However, most of it is left close to the ground and trapped within the carpet fibers.
By the time you realize that the carpet requires a deep clean-up, you may be tempted to buy a capable steam cleaner and save on hiring professionals for the job. While it’s cheaper than hiring professionals, you won’t be able to do as good a job at cleaning the carpet as the professional could. You need to use steam cleaners in certain settings and with various techniques to thoroughly clean carpets. Moreover, professional cleaning companies have heavy-duty variants of vacuum d steam cleaners and deliver a far better result than you could.
- Blinds and drapes – Cleaning experts recommend you vacuum sponge and dust your drapes and blinds at least once every two days. Even if you can take out the time to do those hectic chores, certain blinds require extra attention. For instance, blinds made from metal or vinyl need to be uninstalled and scrubbed with a dense bristled car-washing brush. You’ll spend an awful lot of hours even if you have the mental capacity to dedicate to these chores. That’s why it’s best to hire professionals for this kind of task.
- Windows – You may not think about cleaning your windows too often. Unlike floors and counters, windows don’t have the opportunity to get as visibly dirty as floors or counters. They simply look dingier and a bit smoky as the years go by. Unfortunately, suddenly you find yourself in a home where windows don’t allow in as much light as they used to and pay more for heating your home.
While regular cleaning is recommended for windows, cleaning them thoroughly is a major chore since it involves sills, sides, and screens. Hiring a professional cleaning company for such a task is always the better option. While professional window cleaning may be expensive, you won’t be hiring that service every day. It’s a monthly expense at best.
- Air Ducts – The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) recommends that you keep your air ducts as clean as possible since they can increase the dust and filth inside your home and cause various health issues if left unclean. Even if you are inclined to clean those ducts yourself, it’s recommended that you don’t do that. Air ducts and the entire HVAC system, in general, have a lot of complicated components, and cleaning them requires extensive training and specialized equipment.
If you try to take matters into your hands, you may put yourself in harm’s way or damage the ducts. When you hire a professional cleaning company for such tasks, they send a professionally trained crew with all the necessary equipment and also have insurance to cover damages to your HVAC system or home.
When you hire a professional cleaning company for cleaning your air ducts, ask them how they would do it. Some companies will push you to use sealants or chemical biocides for trapping all the dust and dirt. According to the EPA, they are mostly ineffective and there is not enough research on their health risks.
- Upholstery – Upholstered furniture takes a lot of abuse, especially if you have pets and children at home. However, there’s little you can do to keep that upholstery clean. All you can do is apply spot-cleaners for spills and vacuum up pet hair. That doesn’t go a long way in improving the look of your couches and armchairs. Instead, you risk damaging the furniture by using the wrong cleaning agents. On the other hand, pros have all the technical know-how, equipment, and knowledge of non-abrasive and effective chemicals to get the job done quickly.
- Gutters – You’ve read countless articles and watched several hours of videos on gutter cleaning. Some claim it’s as easy as sprinkling baking powder and acid inside the gutters. However, none of them provide the whole truth. Gutter cleaning is a very complicated task that needs to be done twice a year. The task gets especially tricky if you have a lot of trees on your property. Instead of risking injury by climbing ladders with a hose and trowel, it’s better to leave that job to professionals.
- Chimneys – Chimneys should be cleaned once every year and right before the change of seasons. That means before the beginning of summer and winter every year, you should get the chimneys cleaned. It’s also recommended to clean the chimneys when there’s a lot of buildup on the chimney walls.
Stop right now if you’re even entertaining the thought of cleaning those chimneys yourself. Chimneys direct away smoke from your home and collect a lot of soot and all kinds of filthy and toxic buildup inside them. When you loosen that buildup with a broom or any other form of cleaning gear without the proper safety gear and training, you risk exposing yourself to a lot of respiratory diseases and immediate distress. It’s best to call professionals for such tasks.
Even if you can’t splurge on regular cleaning by professionals, it’s worth the money to get certain difficult and challenging tasks done by professionals on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. If you want to hire professionals for those tasks, you can search for “home cleaning services near me”.